Staff I Alawa Surf Camp Pantín
She was born in Irún (Guipúzcoa) in 1976. She started surfing at the age of 14 on the beaches of the Basque Coast. After two years surfing she started to compete at Regional, National, European and global levels, achieving the first mayor European title in Ireland in 1997-1999. Since then, she has devoted herself to professional surfing (has been elite athlete and member of the Spanish Selection of Surf since the year 2000), and today is one of the best surfers that has given this country.
All of this without leaving her studies, she has a degree in Physical Education and another in Physiotherapy. Also, she has been the face of mayor brands such as RipCurl, Reef, Pukas ... and is currently the advertising image of Vans and the Guipuzcoa Provincial Council.
She has been teaching surf in reputed schools all over the national scene since 1994. Among her best results include:
Palmarés de Estitxu Estremo
- Absolute European Champion 2010 ASP Longboard (Asturias)
- 17th World Championship 2010 ASP Longboard (Biarritz, France)
- 1st test in World Tour Longboard WLT 1 * 2010 and 2007 (Tapia de Casariego, Asturias)
- Absolute European Champion Surf 1997-1999, Bundoran (Ireland)
- 9th world championship in the ISA World Surfing in Durban, South Africa 2002
- Member of the National Team Absolute surf since 2000-2005
- Sportsman elite Surf mode since 2000
- 13th world championship all ISA World Surfing 2008 (Caparica, Portugal)
- More than 5 years among the top three European ASP in two modes, surfing andlongboard
He is federated monitor of the Galician Federation Surf and has a Degree in Administration and Business Management. David is a surfer with many years of experience that has made multiple trips always in search of the best waves. He has been for a year traveling around the world surfing on five continents in countries such as Indonesia, Australia, Mexico, Brazil, Chile,Samoa, New Zeeland etc... Traveling not only has provided him knowledge about the surf, but also it has enriched his life and brought in him important values that he would be very happy to share with the people joining us.
David has been living in England and Australia, so he speaks a fluent English. He will be in charge of the classes in English Language. He also has a very high level in Portuguese.